Banana buckwheat pancakes with raspberries and manuka honey
When your next pancake craving strikes try this recipe for fluffy banana buckwheat pancakes with raspberries, pecans and a sweet touch of manuka honey.
PRO TIP: Put this mixture through the blender to get an ultra smooth consistency. Add in blueberries for variety or dark chocolate chips for a more indulgent version.
2 ripe bananas
125g buckwheat flour
1tsp ground cinnamon
2tsp baking powder
50g Manuka Honey
1Tbs Manuka Honey
- Mash 2 bananas in a bowl with a fork
- Add the cinnamon and baking powder to the bowl of mashed banana and mix well.
- Heat a pan and brush with a little neutral vegetable oil or butter.
- Pour dough into the pan.
- Cook the pancakes at medium to low heat until golden brown. Set aside and keep warm.
- Place 50 g of the pecans in a pan and fry briefly. Add honey and stir to coat pecans.
- Garnish the pancakes with the honey coated pecans, fresh raspberries, redcurrants and banana slices.
- Drizzle with the remaining manuka honey, and decorate with mint leaves.