Bring the taste of Japan into your kitchen. Try this amazing Hokkaido Cheesecake recipe with Manuka honey.
6 Egg whites (Size 8)
100g Icing Sugar
50g Honey Powder
330g Cream cheese
120ml Fresh milk
6 Egg yolks
1 tbs Lemon juice
20g Corn Flour
½ tsp Tartar powder
- Preheat oven at 150oC.
- In a small pot over a pan of simmering water on medium heat (double boiler method), whisk together cream cheese, butter and milk until melted and smooth. Add in the egg yolks and stir quickly till smooth. Remove from the heat, add in the lemon juice, stir and let cool.
- Beat the egg white in a mixer. Slowly add in the icing sugar and honey powder. Beat till soft peaks form.
- Sift all the Ingredients (C). Add the Ingredients (C) into the Ingredients(B). Slowly fold in the Ingredients A into the mixture.
- Place your baking pan over a larger pan and carefully pour the hot water into the larger dish – till about half the height of the baking pan.
- Bake for 90 minutes at 150oC.
- Sprinkle with more honey powder on the cake before serving.